YOGA, FOOD & BODY IMAGE INTENSIVE
This dynamic training will teach you an innovative yoga-based approach to mindful eating, emotional health, and body confidence. Food and body image challenges affect individuals from all walks of life. Whether it’s eating to avoid feelings, dieting to lose weight, or wearing makeup to look younger, nearly everyone deals with that “not enough” feeling at one time or another. Yoga and meditation provide a rich set of tools that support healthy eating, emotional resilience, and positive body image. In this training, you’ll learn a mind-body approach to overcoming food and body image challenges on all ends of the spectrum. Presented by Chelsea Roff, Founder and Director of Eat Breathe Thrive, this in-depth training is for yoga teachers, mental health practitioners, educators, and students alike.
● Explore the spectrum of food and body image issues, from undereating and overexercising to binge eating and body insecurities
● Discover the latest research on genetic, psychological, and sociocultural causes of eating disorders
● Learn how to recognize and reach out to individuals who may be struggling with eating disorders in secrecy and isolation.
● Identify ways in which you may unintentionally transmit negative body image messages to students or clients
● Explore psychoeducational exercises that support healthy eating, positive body image, and radical self-acceptance
● Discover how yoga and meditation affect the nervous system, in particular in individuals with a history of trauma
● Practice yoga-based exercises for coping with difficult emotions and building resilience
● Experience mindfulness-based meditations for tuning into hunger and fullness signals
*This training serves as Module One of the Eat Breathe Thrive Facilitator Training. Graduates are eligible to apply for Module Two , an online mentorship and certification program.
Friday - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday 11:30am - 1:30 / 3:00 - 7:00pm
Sunday 11:30am - 1:30 / 3:00 - 7:00pm