Intro to Vinyasa // Yoga for beginners | with Scott McDonald
Vinyasa vin yäsə/: noun:
- movement between poses in yoga, typically accompanied by regulated breathing.
- a method of yoga in which vinyasa movements form a flowing sequence in coordination with the breath.
Taking place in a warm, friendly and supportive studio environment, Scott will lead you through a 2.5 hour workshop stepping through the Vinyasa style of yoga.
Over the afternoon we will cover:
- Body alignment fundamentals
- Sun Salutations for Vinyasa Flow classes
- A variety of standing, seated and lying postures
- An introduction to yogic breath work
We will end the workshop with a deeply relaxing yoga nidra.
This workshop is designed for absolute beginners who might find the idea of attending a class intimidating. The pace of the workshop will be slow with plenty of opportunity for questions and exploration.
Yogis with an existing practice are also welcome – the workshop will provide an opportunity to reaffirm the foundation of their asana practice.