What is this workshop about?
Ayurveda is very a much a sister science to Yoga often referred to as 'the knowledge of daily living' or 'lifestyle'.
It is NOT a rigid set of rules about how to live your life. It is a practice of getting reacquainted with the rhythms of life around you and allowing your body, mind (and spirit if that resonates with you) to work in synchronicity with those rhythms. It is about living in harmony with the environment around you, knowing and trusting that this will help to bring harmony to the environment within you.
As I have transitioned from being a full time yoga teacher to a passionate yogini and full time Medical Student, the value of these practices to me has become more and more evident. I am grateful and humbled to share this knowledge with you in the hope that it will bring you some of the peace of mind it has brought me.
What will I gain from this workshop?
An introduction to some of the key concepts of Ayurveda such as:
- the elements
- the 'doshas' (you may have heard of pitta, vata & kapha)
- Samkhya Philosophy and Theory of evolution
- Tools to discover what your 'prakruti' and 'vikruti' are
- Basic Ayurvedic practices to bring in to your daily living
- A helpful workbook about all the information covered in the workshop